Thursday, August 11, 2011

Taken rifle/shotgun across USA in vehicle?

Gee- I see this question was asked before, but may I ask again because I see one say never speak about anything but Driver's License & Proof of Insurance. Like do not say I have my shotgun or rifle in back of my truck even if bullets/shells are somewhere else, not in guns or same case guns are in. This is why I ask. I know what I have to do when I reach BC Border of Canada, & have my 909 Forms, but the U.S.A. cops in one of the states i pass through, from Louisiana, could make my life hell with questions like do you know why I pull you over- say no to everything. If they ask to search my pickup, say no, even if they say they will bring in dogs, because it's a bluff. I looked on line at what NRA has, but it can be confusing. I just want to get to British Columbia border without doing something stupid. My rifle & shotgun is only for protection while at may river Access only cabin in bear country. Cops sometimes just want to be Jerks and I want to know my rights. My shotgun & rifle are stored, locked, under pickups shell cap where I sleep at night. Each is in a case, not loaded, & all Ammo is located somewhere else back there, like with other gear in chest. As I understand it, say nothing about anything but Driver's License & Proof of Insurance and if they ask if address on license is current, I can say so, but say nothing about anything more, including do I know why they pulled me over. No to any vehicle search, but do I need to lock my truck when I get out, as I did one night eyes ago, only because I had nothing to loose, & wanted to say "no", & cop just drove off------pissed. Sometimes I think cops can take you to jail for nothing, & in New Orleans, they may kill you. I don't want any problems from cops, when I am doing what is right. I have to drive through Louisiana, Texas, Colorado, Oklahoma, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho, Washington, & see it's legal to carry rifle/shotgun unloaded in all these states, but if I have something dumb like toilet paper coming out the back of my pants, they may take me to jail. It's 3,000 miles (4,838 km) to my cabin in BC, & I just want to get though U.S.A. which seems to change gun rights in different states, at different times, to the point I'd have to have a dang attorney riding with me in order to know my gun rights. NO I never take any pistol.

No comments:

Post a Comment