Thursday, August 11, 2011

A weird Texas football tale...?

Ok, maybe not that weird. I was born in a small Texas town not to far from Texas Tech and though I didn't play football my senior year (coach had his favorites and I wasn't gonna ride the bench all year---plus, in all honesty, I wasn't 1st string material) I thought to do a little research on the history of football in our town. Turns out we had our 1st football team in 1918 (I saw the pictures in this 1918 yearbook the library had---leather bound and very worn). We are now in 2011 and we have NEVER IN 90 YEARS of playing football won a State championship. Not once. We've won district and GONE to state but never won state. Anyway I thought that was strange. Or is this typical of many small Texas towns? I figured out of nearly 100 years of football there would a State championship, maybe back in 1950 lol

No comments:

Post a Comment